- 1½ cup oat flour
- 1½ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup Nudefruit Peach slices (thawed & strained)
Carve out a new pumpkin pie this harvest season and layer it up with Nudefruit strawberry jam and Nudefruit Peaches! The strawberries and peaches add a fruity sweetness to this pumpkin pie and changes up the staple fall flavour with a twist of citrus. Have fun creating your favourite pumpkin carving faces with the toppings.
In a large bowl, combine the brown rice flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, xantham gum, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Sift all together.
Cube the cold butter and add to the flour mixture. Start mixing the butter in; using your fingertips until the butter is about pea size.
Add in the cold water and apple cider vinegar and start working the mixture into a ball of dough. Needing it until is just comes together.
NOTE: If it seems a bit dry add another tbsp of cold water before forming the dough into a ball.
Once it all comes together, cover with saran wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Place it on a lightly floured clean, flat surface. Roll out the dough until it is ¼ inch thick.
Cut the dough into two circles using your pie dish as a guide, and making sure to add an extra inch for extra dough to fold and set them aside.
Combine the lemon juice, maple syrup and Nudefruit Strawberries in a small saucepan and stir over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until thickened and bubbly. Set aside to cool.
In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk and arrowroot powder. Whisk until combined and there are no lumps. Add maple syrup, then bring to a simmer over low to medium-low heat. Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and turn off the heat.
Whisk in the pumpkin puree, orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
Set aside, and let cool to room temp.
- Set the oven to 350 Degrees
- Place one circle of the dough on the bottom of the pie plate and using a fork, poke a few holes in the bottom.
- For the top layer of the pie, carve out a pumpkin face. Be creative and come up with your favourite design!
- Pour the pumpkin mixture overtop of the first layer of pie dough
- Layer the Nudefruit peaches overtop
- Pour the Nudefruit strawberry jam overtop of the peaches
- Place the carved dough overtop of the strawberry jam.
- Trim and crimp the edges of the pie dough together and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crust starts to lightly brown.