1 cup frozen Nudefruit Raspberries
2 cups gluten-free Bobs Red Mill all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 egg yolks
½ cup honey
½ cup cane sugar
1 tbsp rose water
¾ cup almond milk
Cinnamon Ginger Caramel Sauce
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup water
1 cup canned coconut milk
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger
This holiday cake is gluten free and made with a simple ready to go all purpose gluten free flour. Raspberries are a plump red coloured berry; low in fat and high in fiber, so they will fill you up without weighing you down. They are also full of water, potassium and antioxidants to help reduce inflammation in the gastro intestinal tract and will stave off dehydration.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bundt pan with butter and dust lightly with some gluten free flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the honey and the cane sugar and beat until mixed. Add the eggs in one at a time, until evenly blended.
- Mix in flour the flour alternating with the milk, until all are evenly incorporated.
- Stir in raspberries until just mixed.
- Pour mixture into the prepared bundt pan and spread to evenly distribute. Place bundt pan onto a baking sheet and place into the oven, on the middle rack. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until center of cake is set and toothpick inserted near the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- While the cake is baking, bring the coconut sugar and water to a boil until the sugar has melted. Reduced the heat to medium and add the coconut milk. Stir until there are no lumps. Boil until you reach a dark amber colour. Remove from the heat and add in the salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, carefully invert cake onto cake plate.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce overtop and sprinkle with rose petals and raspberries.
- Happy Holidays!