2 ½ cups almond flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup honey
4 large eggs – room temperature
3 cups almond milk
½ cup coconut oil – melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup crushed frozen Nudefruit raspberries
2 cups Nudefruit Frozen Raspberries
Almond Coconut Buttercream
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3 cups coconut powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons coconut cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
pinch of salt
6 ounces of fresh raspberries
Almond Butter cream
1/2 cup sliced almonds
To make the cake:
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 350° F. Grease or line with parchment paper 2 x 8 -inch cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the wet mixture all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and no lumps remain.
- Add the Nudefruit Frozen raspberries and mix slightly.
- Spoon batter into the 2 prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing from the pans.
While the cake is baking
- In a small saucepan on medium to low heat, add the frozen Nudefruit raspberries and cook until the raspberries are a jam like consistency, about 15-20 minutes. Take off heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for about 5 minutes until creamy and white.
- Add in the coconut powder sugar and mix on low speed at first, then increase to medium speed and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add in the coconut cream (start with 2 tablespoons and add a little more if needed), almond extract, and salt and continue mixing on medium-high speed for another minute or until everything is well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
Making the Cake
- Slice each cake loaf lengthwise and flip open like a sandwich.
- On one side, spread the Nudefruit Raspberry Puree.
- On the other side, spread the almond buttercream.
- Fold the layer back together and add one loaf on top of the next.
- Frost the cake with the almond buttercream.
- Top with Raspberries and sliced almonds.