Yield 9 – 12 brownies
- 1 cup Nudefruit Raspberries
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup or 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
Ruby red raspberries are low in calories and full of nutrients. They especially contain resveratrol and ketones, which help to burn fat and calories in the body. These gooey brownies are a perfect treat anytime of day.
Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees Celsius and line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine the coconut flour, cacao powder and sea salt.
The best method of melting chocolate
1. Place a small pot with about one inch of water on a burner.
2. Place the chopped chocolate, butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl (stainless steel or tempered glass), and set the bowl directly in the water.
3. Bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat and let the chocolate sit until it is melted.
4. Once it is just about melted take off and give it a stir.
5. Do not over heat the chocolate; this will cause the chocolate to separate.
6. Let the chocolate cool down for a bout 5 minutes.
Beat the eggs with the vanilla extract and add it to the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and stir.
Sift the coconut flour, cacao powder and sea salt to the chocolate mixture and stir just until mixed.
If you find the mixture to dry, you can always add another egg. The consistency of the batter should be similar to cake batter.
Blend 1 cup of the frozen Nudefruit raspberries and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Add a bit of water if needed to blend for consistency.
Pour half the brownie batter into the prepped baking pan and spread the batter evenly.
Scoop the raspberry puree over the chocolate mixture and using a toothpick or a knife, make swirls throughout the pan as deep as you would like.
Pour the rest of the brownie batter over top
Sprinkle frozen crushed raspberries overtop
Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool down for about 30 minutes before taking them out of the baking pan.